Groups and Organisations
Get Support from West Devon CVS
As a founding partner of Devon Voluntary Action, we support not-for-profit organisations in West Devon to achieve their goals by helping them to develop, connect and influence.
There are a number of advice and guidance sheets to provide key information and starting points for groups. These can be accessed from the DeVA website.
Visit our News and Events page to see upcoming networking and shared learning opportunities in our area.
- Our trained professional team members can give you direct support with building your organisational capacity and development potential, including help with setting up a new group or service, management and governance, and business, financial or strategic planning.
- Through the provision of affordable, high-quality and diverse learning opportunities, we can help you to access training to develop the skills of your management team and workforce.
- We can provide you with relevant information, advice and guidance, and help you to get to the resources you need.
- We help to establish opportunities and develop structures for networking.
- Our forums and networks enable collaboration between groups working in similar areas, allowing the sharing of learning and expertise.
- We broker services and shared resources for and with the voluntary sector, helping organisations to more efficiently achieve their shared and individual goals.
- We initiate and support consultation processes that are inclusive and meaningful, enabling groups to meet with public sector and statutory stakeholders.
- We facilitate the participation and self-advocacy of groups within partnerships and other multi-agency structures, helping to ensure your effective representation and contribution to discussion and decision making.
- Together with our partners, as Devon Voluntary Action, we communicate, advocate and lobby for the common and diverse interests of the voluntary sector.
Through our membership of Devon Voluntary Action we, as with all partners, have agreed that there will be no charge for services funded through the Devon County Council funding for the year April 2017 – March 2018. Referred to as DeVA services these are:
- Development work (up to 3 hours for existing group and 5 hours for a new group)
- Electronic communications
With our local WDCVS funding we will be topping the amount of time we give
- Development work: an additional 1.5 hours for existing groups (total 4.5 hours per group) and 1.5 hours for new groups (total 6 hours)
Groups will be able to access additional support on a fee paying basis.
Local Supporters Scheme
Organisations based in West Devon or another non DeVA partner area can purchase a local members package which will provide the following additional benefits:
- Voting rights at WDCVS meetings
- 4 printed copies of the newsletter per year if requested
- 6 DBS checks per year at discounted rate of £11 per check (as opposed to £14 for non-members) Volunteers only
- Access to display boards up to 4 times per year (requested donation £5 per set of board per loan for non members and £10 for non DeVA members)
- Access to the projector at rate of £15 (£25 for non members)
Cost: £15 per annum per not-for-profit group
Organisations that take up a local Member package will be required to sign our membership form in addition to the DeVA validation form. The conditions of the local members package to be reviewed annually. It is only available to not for profit organisations based in West Devon and other non DeVA partner areas.